Charter of protection of personal data and cookies
Updated: September 22, 2020
Since May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in force throughout the European Union. This new regulation allows everyone to better control the use of their own personal data.
This regulation implies transparency and security for the use of your data.
This charter may be updated on a regular basis, in particular to take into account any changes in regulations or to integrate new organizational methods.
Who are we ?
The address of our website is: https://chaletskidh.com. For more information, we invite you to visit our legal notice.
Definition of personal data
Personal data is information in a format that makes it possible to identify, directly (surname, first name) or indirectly (identifier, telephone number, biometric data, etc.), a natural person.
Examples : name, picture, IP address, phone number, computer connection identifier (login/password), postal address, email.
Processing of personal
The processing of personal data may consist of collecting, recording, organizing, storing, adapting, modifying, retrieving, consulting, using or communicating personal data, as defined above.
Scope of the charter
This Charter applies to all processing of personal data implemented by us on our reservation website and, in general, in the relations that we maintain with all of our clients.
Personal data collected by www.chaletskidh.com
It can be :
- Your contact details and civil status (surname, first name, date of birth, nationality, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number).
- The names of the people accompanying you. For minors, we only collect, via an adult, their name, first name, nationality and date of birth.
- Information on your means of payment (credit card number).
- Your holiday dates.
- Your IP address, the browser you use and your language settings.
- The way you browse our website (pages visited, clicks).
On what occasion are personal data collected ?
Personal data are collected :
- At the time of booking a stay, whether this booking is direct or whether it is made through a third party, whether it is made physically, by post, online or by telephone and whether it concerns the chaletskidh.com site or a site managed by a hosting service provider.
- In case of complaints or disputes.
- When participating in satisfaction surveys.
- When participating in contests.
- When subscribing to newsletters.
- When connecting to our websites (IP address, cookies).
- When consulting our pages on social networks.
- When transferring information about you to certain service providers (e.g. banks for payments).
When you leave a comment on our website, not only the data entered in the comment form, but also your IP address and the user agent of your browser are collected to help us detect unwanted comments.
If you are a registered user and you upload images to the website, we advise you to avoid uploading images containing EXIF GPS coordinate data. Visitors to your website can download and extract location data from these images.
Use and transmission of your personal data
Duration of the data stockage.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are kept indefinitely. This makes it possible to automatically recognize and approve subsequent comments instead of leaving them in the moderation queue.
For users who register on our site (if possible), we also store the personal data indicated in their profile. All users can view, change or delete their personal information at any time (with the exception of their username). The site managers can also view and modify this information.
The rights you have on your data
If you have an account or if you have left comments on the site, you can request to receive a file containing all the personal data we have about you, including those you have provided. You may also request the deletion of your personal data. This does not include data stored for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Transmission of your personal data
Visitor comments can be verified using an automated service to detect unwanted comments.
For what purpose do we collect personal data?
- Get to know you better.
- Communicate with you.
- Manage our relationship (reservations, special requests, stay, after-stay).
- Promote the cottage.
- To offer you at all times a quality customer service that allows you to take advantage of personalized offers best suited to your expectations, as they emerge from your wishes, consumption habits and comments.
- To carry out in this framework and with this objective, analyses and studies aiming to qualify/enrich the customer database by a better knowledge of your centers of interest.
- Cross-check, analyze and combine data.
- Establish statistics.
- Manage possible complaints.
- Secure the payments you make.
- To secure and improve the use and navigation on our site.
- Respecting the legal and regulatory environment in which www.chaletskidh.com operates (responding to a request from the authorities, handling disputes, monitoring compliance with applicable regulations)
- Prevent fraud.
- Organize contests.
www.chaletskidh.com’s data protection commitments
- Not to collect any information that is not strictly necessary for the conduct of our business, the satisfaction of our customers and the improvement of our products and services.
- Do not collect any so-called « sensitive » information relating to allegedly racial or ethnic origins; political, philosophical or religious opinions; trade union membership; sexual orientation; health; genetic or biometric data; criminal offences or convictions.
- Limit as much as possible the number of people within chaletskidh.com who have access to your personal data.
- Keep your data only for a period of time compatible with the purposes of the processing or with our legal obligations : 13 months for cookies (from the last connection), 5 years for other personal data (from the last transaction).
- Do not transfer any of your data outside the European Union.
- To guarantee you at all times the exercise of the rights you hold on your personal data :
- Access right.
- Right of opposition.
- Right of rectification.
- Right to erase.
- Right to limitation.
- Right to portability.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In this context, you will be asked to prove your identity in order to exercise your rights.
The deadline for responding to a complete file is set at 2 months.
7. Confidentiality and security. Make every effort, at all times, on a computer, physical and organizational level, to protect your personal data against any unauthorized use, as a result of intrusion, accidental or deliberate, in our information systems, including our payment systems.
8. Transfers. We ensure that the service providers to whom we transfer your personal data strictly comply with the provisions of the GDPR.
9. Consent. Obtain your clear and unambiguous consent to the use of your data. Provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving messages from us at any time (unsubscribe link).
10. DPO (Data Protection Officer) – Responsibility for files: email@example.com
If you leave a comment on our site, you will be asked to save your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. This is only for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information if you leave another comment later. These cookies expire after one year.
If you go to the login page, a temporary cookie will be created to determine if your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain any personal data and will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to save your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days, and the lifetime of a screen option cookie is one year. If you check « Remember me », your cookie will be stored for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the cookie will be deleted.
When editing or publishing a publication, an additional cookie will be stored in your browser. This cookie does not contain any personal data. It simply indicates the ID of the publication you have just modified. It expires after one day.
Some cookies are essential to the proper functioning of the site; others help us to understand what content is most useful to our visitors, and allow us to provide you with better services, better content and to promote to our users the most relevant offers through advertising or communication campaigns.
Embedded content from other sites
The articles on www.chaletskidh.com may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles…). Content integrated from other sites behaves in the same way as if the visitor were visiting that other site.
Types of cookies we use
- Security : These cookies allow us to ensure security on our site.
- Site Characteristics : We measure how visitors use our site so that we can optimize web pages and the use of our site.
- Analytics : We track site traffic trends so that we can identify the most popular site content and potential site problems.
- Advertising: We use your location data and previous browsing history on our site to show you advertising on our site.
Your choice for cookies
The registration of a cookie in your computer is subject to your will.
Thanks to the settings of your Internet browser software, you can, at any time, simply and free of charge, choose whether or not to accept the recording of cookies on your computer.
The choices offered to you by your navigation software
To do so, we invite you to identify the parameters of your browser.
You can select a feature that will allow your computer to notify you each time a cookie is placed on your computer, or you can choose to disable all cookies.
You can configure your browser software as you wish so that cookies are (a) accepted and stored on your computer or (b) rejected.
Each browser is slightly different, so please read the « Help » menu of your browser to understand how to modify your cookies.
- The Cookie Agreement
If your browser software is set to accept the storage of cookies on your computer, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you have consulted will be systematically stored on your computer.
- Refusal of Cookies
You can set up your navigation software in such a way that :
- that the acceptance or the refusal of cookies are proposed to you punctually, before a cookie is likely to be registered;
- to systematically refuse the recording of cookies in your computer.
Caution : Any setting that you can undertake on your browser software concerning the acceptance or refusal of cookies will be likely to modify your browsing on the Internet and your conditions of access to certain services requiring the use of these same cookies..
If you disable cookies, some of our services will not function properly. It will be impossible for you to book your stay online. You will have to contact us by e-mail to book your stay.
How do you exercise your choices, depending on the browser you are using ?
If you have a different browser type or version, please refer to the « Help » menu of your browser.
Our website details how to manage cookies for the main browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera).